Thursday, April 9, 2009

rainbow flops and freyja mug

those that know me well know this--i love my freyja mug, a hand thrown mug that was hand painted with a picture of my cat holding a red ribbon in her mouth like she does. two dear friends had it made for me and it's traveled with me for about 5 years. i am a fan of hot beverages, and it was my favorite vessel. why am i talking about it in the past tense? because i believe it's been lost, stolen by some trickster force from the mansion. i've been told that if the island takes something valuable from you, it's good luck. i don't understand why, but i hope something good can come from the loss of something dear.

my rainbow flops are also gone. well, not gone, but destroyed, i blew 'em out on the lava. their loss is somehow more appropriate, as if they came home to die.

i wonder if that's it? will i lose any more of my favorite things?

1 comment:

Shanner said...

Ohhh, so sad. I was just thinking of the Freyja mug two days ago becasue C-creature was playing with a panda mug. I was reminded that Andy's mug was broken by a house guest last summer. He was sad too. Sometimes losing a favorite something makes room for the unexpected. But I am touched and pleased that the mug was beloved and traveled with you so long. Happy Easter, egg hunts on the island?